By Nancy Todd
1. MADRID FASHION WEEK - February 18 – 23. For more events in Spain, join the fashionistas who clamour to get in the door to view 384 manufacturers and 600 brands. Fall, winter fashions for 2010, 2011 for men and women will be shown. Cocktail galas. New designers. Display fixtures plus fashion shows will have you wish listing for new clothes. 30 euros entry fee.
2. “I HAVE A DREAM” EXHIBITION, Sitges. - The Cultural Delegation of Sitges City Hall organized an exhibition honoring Dr. Martin Luther King. Opening February 7 and continuing for one month, this show features artists from many countries. The show has traveled in major cities in the States. Sitges is location a shell’s throw from Barcelona right on the Mediterranean Sea.
3. CANARY ISLANDS FESTIVAL – The Canary Islands are more than beaches, discos, and dramatic landscape. Classical music including opera will reign on the Islands late January and into February. A great way to be in the sun and relax with music.
4. ARCO MADRID INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR - March 6 – 8. Over 3,000 artists will take part in 200 galleries and in an exhibition center. Following the art is an unusual way to get to know Madrid. Sculpture, photography, paintings, installations, video, etc. Los Angeles is a theme for the Fair.
5. COSMOBELLEZA AND WELLNESS FAIR – Barcelona. March 6 – 8. Enjoying strolls by the Mediterranean Sea can add to your relaxation in Barcelona while checking out the Fair. Hundreds of exhibitors will promote spa, wellness, make up, hair, and many extras in live.
RELATED POSTS ON THE SPAIN SCOOP: BUDGET SPAIN