By Regina Winkle-Bryan
Getting to and from Barcelona’s El Prat airport is not as easy as it should be. Follow our tips to get there hassle-free!
1. Call ahead or check your ticket. You need to know which terminal you are going to, T1 or T2. They are NOT close together. This is the first thing you should confirm. Usually T1 is used for international flights and T2 for Euro flights or cheapo airlines…but nothing is set in stone.
2. Take the bus. We Scoopettes like the Areobus for getting to and from El Prat. It is the easiest option, costs about $6.00 and gets you there fast. See: http://www.aerobusbcn.com/
3. Flag Down the 46 bus. This is a public bus that will also get you there. They scoop is that it’s slower but cheaper. See: http://www.tmb.cat/es
4. Hop on a train. RENFE will get you to the airport, too. It’s slower, but runs from 5am to 11pm. RENFE is not the same as the Metro! See: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/index.html
5. Read up on all the ins and outs. The Spain Scoop likes Barcelona Tourist Guide for more in-depth info on the city’s airport. This is a great resource! See: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/
6. Rent a car at the airport and drive into Barcelona, which will take about 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. If you have your own car and need Airport Parking then expect to pay a substantial rate depending on the season.